Author Topic: Reliable Change index calculator  (Read 27804 times)

Offline ssimpson

Re: Reliable Change index calculator
« Reply #5 on: 12 March, 2010, 12:58:52 AM »
Hi Dev
It is the Young Schema Inventory (YSQ-L2).  I have looked high and low and found test-retest scores for all the subscales but not a global test-retest score.  That is a good idea to do our own test-retest calculation.  Maybe we could try that,
thanks again
Susan

Hi again Susan,

What's the measure, just in case one of us knows of a test-retest for it? Otherwise, you may have to run a small sample of 'norms' over a two week period and get the test-retest?

Best,
Dev

Offline Dev

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • ClinTools
« Reply #4 on: 10 March, 2010, 03:15:27 AM »
Hi again Susan,

What's the measure, just in case one of us knows of a test-retest for it? Otherwise, you may have to run a small sample of 'norms' over a two week period and get the test-retest?

Best,
Dev
I am logged on, therefore I am.

Offline ssimpson

« Reply #3 on: 07 March, 2010, 10:05:41 AM »
Thanks Dev, much appreciated.  We have searched high and low for the test-retest, but to no avail unfortunately. 
It is helpful to know this in any case,
best wishes
Susan

Offline Dev

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • ClinTools
« Reply #2 on: 05 March, 2010, 09:31:28 PM »
Hi Susan,

I'm afraid not.  :'( You can enter anything you want in that box, but reliable change needs an approximation of error over a two time point assessment to see whether the change in your patient is more than would be expected via measurement error. If the measure you've used has psychometric properties then I'm sure that test-retest is somewhere. The help file on test-retest for reliable change sums all this up.

I'd suggest posting the measure you used and seeing whether anyone knows of the test-retest reliability of the instrument.

Hope this helps,

Dev
I am logged on, therefore I am.

Offline ssimpson

Reliable Change index calculator
« Reply #1 on: 05 March, 2010, 07:54:34 AM »
Hello,
I am wanting to calculate a Reliable Change Index for a case series measuring change in patients receiving psychological therapy. I have used the ClinTools programme previously for Effect size and have found it to be very useful. I have attempted to use the Reliable Change calculator on the programme and have come across a bit of a stumbling block. In the ClinTools programme, it requests test-retest reliability scores and the standard deviation of that sample. I was wondering whether it would be atall possible to use an alternative measure of reliability (internal consistency) instead of test-rest, as it is the only data which we have access to at present.
Many thanks,
Susan Simpson