Author Topic: Demo time  (Read 9063 times)

Offline Dev

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • ClinTools
Re: Demo time
« Reply #6 on: 11 May, 2007, 07:55:29 am »
No worries Ada,

We've had this a few times and think it's other software that changes people's regional settings (without their knowledge) at one level but not at a deeper level. Our software uses both levels and so the demo fails. We're working on a way around this.

Best,
Dev
ps. I'd be very, very, careful when looking at repeated measure interaction effect sizes and follow the warning which comes up (the help file goes into more detail).
I am logged on, therefore I am.

Offline Ada

« Reply #5 on: 08 May, 2007, 08:31:53 pm »
Hey Dev,

You are a genius!  ;D It was due to the regional setting! And I don't know how it happened since I'm residing in Australia rather than in the US. :P Anyway, thank you so much for your help. =)

Ada

Offline Dev

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • ClinTools
« Reply #4 on: 07 May, 2007, 06:32:21 am »
Hmmm  ???. It may be due to United States and Australian dates being formatted differently. Try this: Change Regional Settings to English (Australia) under My Computer -> Control Panel -> Regional Settings. Then run ClinTools. If it works, great (although you may wish to revert back to US regional settings after using it). It also means we have to recode a few places. If it doesn't work, let me know back here and I'll try again.

Sorry for the problems.

Dev

Offline Ada

« Reply #3 on: 06 May, 2007, 11:46:08 pm »
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, yes, it's the latest version - Vista that I'm having problem with. I never had any previous versions installed before. I'm using Windows XP by the way.

Ada

Offline Dev

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • ClinTools
« Reply #2 on: 06 May, 2007, 07:25:43 pm »
Hi Ada,

Yes, this has happened a few times with people and we think it's got to do with international settings. However, as a first solution try the Vista compatible version. The direct link to the current programme is: http://www.clintools.com/download/ClinTools404-Vista.exe

Have you tried this version already? We haven't had any of those problems with this version, so please let us know back here what happens. There are other solutions if this doesn't work.

Best,

Dev

ps. I forgot to mention: uninstall the old version of ClinTools first or this will not work.

Offline Ada

Demo time
« Reply #1 on: 04 May, 2007, 07:20:49 am »
Hi there,

I just downloaded and installed ClinTool professional version about 15 mins ago but as soon as I opened the software, it said my demo time has expired. It's the first time I'm using Clin Tool and I wonder what's going on? I'm feeling quite frustrated because I was all excited when I stumbled upon this software and thought I could try working out within group effect size and repeated measures...

Is there anyway I can get my free trial back, please?

Help much appreciated.

Ada