News:

ClinTools provides Chi Square analyses and Phi as part of the Odds Ratio Generator.

Main Menu

Basic question - need help!!!

Started by ya-ya, 24 June, 2009, 11:37:43 PM

« previous - next »

ya-ya

Hi Dev, sorry I had changed the file, so I had to change it back to make it not work. It did not crash when I tried to add ESG data as a new record (it just would not work and gave me an error message ("Multiple-step operation generated errors. Check each status value), but it did crash when I tried to overwrite record with ESG data.

Dev

Hi Ya-ya,

I've changed the forum rules to allow esg and org and rng and met files to be attached to posts. It should work now. Could you send it anyway so that we can add it to be fixed (seems like a comma issue from your description, but I'll need to see it).

Cheers,
Dev
I am logged on, therefore I am.

ya-ya

Hi. It seems to be working now. I was trying to put in authors and title and I thought if it was too many characters the program would let me know. But I figured it out through trial and error. Thanks for the speedy reply!!! 

ya-ya

p.s. I tried attaching the file, but the forum wouldn't allow me to attach an esg file. I can email it to you, but I'm not sure if you want to waste your time with it.

Dev

Hi Ya-Ya,

Could you send me (or attach to a new message) the esg file that caused the crash when you tried to add it to the meta-analysis? I'll work on it from there.

Thanks,

Dev
I am logged on, therefore I am.

ya-ya

I think I FINALLY figured out the problem -- I had too many characters in the Author field. Then I had trouble deleting the first null entry, but I finally got that to work. Still kind of strange that such a thing would crash the program!

Anyway, I do have a few stats related questions that I'll post in another section.

Thanks again,
ya-ya

ya-ya

Hi,
I just started using the Effect Size Generator software and I can't figure out how to save the data that I enter to a database to be meta-analyzed. I keep trying and after I have the results for one study, I save the record as an ESG file, then I click on meta-analysis/database, and then I've tried several options such as overwrite record with ESG data. or add ESG data as new record - each time I get a Microsoft DataGrid error. When I try to create a new (empty) row, I get a Microsoft DataGrid Control error: Empty row cannot be inserted. Row must have at least one column value set. Then the program crashes!

I think it may be a user problem, but just in case - I have Vista x32 and I am the Administrator.

Please help!!!