Author Topic: Getting 'type mismatch' error  (Read 8655 times)

Offline Dev

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • ClinTools
Re: Getting 'type mismatch' error
« Reply #2 on: 26 November, 2009, 08:16:48 pm »
Hi there,

depends on which problem it is. If problem 1 then nothing we can do - it's a 'feature' of windows. You need full admin rights to install.

If problem 2 - what country you in?

If another problem (3) - please describe it.

Thanks,

Dev
I am logged on, therefore I am.

Offline Dev

• Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • ClinTools
Getting 'type mismatch' error
« Reply #1 on: 02 May, 2006, 06:49:38 am »
We've had a couple of people who get a 'type mismatch' error when they try to run the software after installation. There are two possible causes for this:

1. Those installing not having administrator permission for that machine. Some organisations (particularly Universities and hospitals) don't allow general users to write to certain folders / parts of the windows regsitry and ClinTools needs to accomplish this to run properly.

WORK AROUND: The programme should be installed by someone with full permissions on that machine.

2. If you are in what Microsoft calls an International Setting (e.g., France, Germany, etc), then you may get the following error when trying to run the software: Runtime Error - 13: Type mismatch.
This means that you do not have the English (United States) settings in your Regional Settings.

WORK AROUND: Change Regional Settings to English (United States) under My Computer / Control Panel / Regional Settings. Once finished using the programme, however, you might want to change back to your own region again.

If anyone has any problems of this nature drop us an email or get your IT department to contact us.
« Last Edit: 29 May, 2006, 09:36:12 am by Dev »
I am logged on, therefore I am.