News:

ClinTools provides Chi Square analyses and Phi as part of the Odds Ratio Generator.

Main Menu

Equation for repeated measures effect size

Started by shireen, 05 January, 2011, 01:46:07 PM

« previous - next »

Dev

Hi Castruita,

I've sent you a copy of the paper you requested to your registered email. Let me know if you don't get this.

The article is being bounced from stats journals to psychology / medical journals. The psychology / medical journals say 'this is far too complex for a psychology audience, have you tried a statistics journal?' The stats journals say 'yes, we know this - of course. Have you tried sending it to a psychology or medical journals as it is they who are making the mistakes?'. Catch-22 supreme.

Best,

Grant
I am logged on, therefore I am.

Castruita

Hello Dev, is the paper that you mentioned here available anywhere? I'd love to take a look at it.

Dev

My pleasure. I've just looked at the picture I attached and it's not that clear. It should be:

correlated t-statistic multiplied by Square-root of ((2(1-r))/n).

On a side note: We will be submitting a paper ourselves soon which demonstrates that Hedges' g is a better approximation, under most circumstances, that Dunlap's equation (the one above - which is usually recommended for correlated designs).

Best,
Dev

shireen

Thank you so much!

Quote from: Dev on  05 January, 2011, 08:29:33 PM
Hi shireen,

You must have an older version of the software as the new version provides the formula when you click the "do it" button. Download the latest version and just overwrite the old version during the install.

The formula is also attached to here ...

Hope this helps in the review process.

Best,

Dev

Dev

Hi shireen,

You must have an older version of the software as the new version provides the formula when you click the "do it" button. Download the latest version and just overwrite the old version during the install.

The formula is also attached to here ...

Hope this helps in the review process.

Best,

Dev

shireen

Hello,
A manuscript reviewer has asked for the actual equation used for the within groups estimation of effect size that is provided on the 'extra statistics' tab of the Effect Size Generator. Can someone please provide? Thank you!